The Genomics Shared Resource provides technologies to the Norris Cotton Cancer Center and Dartmouth community investigators that enable profiling of gene expression, miRNA, GpC Island, and CGH on a whole-genome scale. The long-term goal of the Genomics Shared Resource is to provide an efficient and affordable fee-for-service operation that will provide high quality genomics and microarray data for the growing number of Cancer Center investigators who require this service.
Quality control of DNA and RNA samples including next-gen sequencing libraries.
Hybridization instrument for the Affymetrix microarrays
Scans the affymetrix microarrays
The Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer is a microfluidics-based platform for sizing, quantification and quality control of DNA, RNA, proteins and cells. Results are delivered within 30-40 minutes in automated,
high quality digital data.
Scanner for the Illumina microarrays
Emulsion PCR for library amplification on microbeads for Ion Torrent sequencing
Whole genome sequencer - 2013
Size selector instrument for next gen library preparation.
Fluorimeter for quantification of nucleotides, DNA and RNA.
* 1-cycle Amplification + Labeling + Hybridization + Washes + Scanning + Gridding
* 2-cycle Amplification + Labeling + Hybridization + Washes + Scanning + Gridding
* Human Gene Chip 133
* Human Exon 1.0ST
* Mouse 430
* Pseudomonas aeruginosa
* C. elegans
* Other (Contact DGML for current market price)
We will meet with the Investigator to discuss the best design for genomics studies, discussing microarrays vs. sequencing, and consider the appropriate controls etc. This is offered as a free service on combination with our array or sequencing services.
We offer Life Technologies Sequencing on the Ion Torrent Personal Genome Machine (PGM) and Proton (February 2013).
* Free design consultation and project design
* Library preparation from a variety of samples, DNA, RNA, ChiP-Seq and FFPE samples
* Single read up to 400bp sequencing
We also support Illumina sequencing and have several reliable collaborators
Services/Products (services and arrays included in single price)
mRNA (whole genome)
* HumanHT-12 Expression BeadChip (>48,000 probes, >25,000 annotated genes)
* HumanWG-6 v3 Expression BeadChip (>25,400 unique, curated genes)
* HumanRef-8 v3 Expression BeadChip (~24,500 RefSeq transcripts)
* MouseWG-6 v2 Expression BeadChip (>45,200 probes, >19,100 annotated genes)
* MouseRef-8 v2 Expression BeadChip (>25,600 probes, >19,100 annotated genes)
* RatRef-12 Expression BeadChip (>22,000 probes)
* Other arrays, Contact the DGML
For researchers working with partially degraded RNA, including FFPE samples, we offer the Whole-Genome DASL Assay. RNA samples prepared using the proven DASL labeling and extension steps are hybridized to the Ref-8 Expression BeadChips
The Human and Mouse MicroRNA Panels measure the levels of 1,146 and 656 miRNAs, respectively. The arrays cover approximately 97% of the miRNA described in the miRBase database (Release 12.0). The Human and Mouse MicroRNA arrays can be deployed on 16- and 12-sample Universal BeadChips or the 96-sample Universal Array Matrix, offering greater flexibility for experimental design and workflow.
Services include: cDNA Labeling + Hybridization + Washes + Scanning + Gridding
* Total RNA isolation (service provided only under prior agreement)
* Spectrophotometric readings (Agilent Bioanalyzer, Qubit, and NanoDrop)